Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I am staying at roseway river cottages in shelburne I was wandering if any one could tell me where to hook a fish haha I fly fish an have access to a canoe at the cottages but I was out last night an never seen a fish?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Prosser:

I live about 300 yards up river from you, unfortunately it is a bad time of year for this part of the river. Lots of perch but maybe a few trout hanging around try close to the over hanging banks where the foam is piled up always a chance there might be a trout.

There are some mackeral in the harbour, and where the river runs into the harbour at the green bridge there have been some stripers caught at this time of the year -historically but non that I know of as of this year.

Any qustions let me know

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I guess the best bet would be to head right up river an look up there or maybe try the jordan river?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would say yes and give the Jordan a try where it runs into the salt water below the bridge at high or slack tide, if you go up the Jordan along the lake John Road, try in behind the cemetary there is a small run ther that holds fish,

Are you in town for vacation, and if so how long are you around for ?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No here for work cuttin power lines by thomas riddell park! Be round till prolly friday maybe thursday not sure depends on weather. If u live on the river an see a canoe an a paddle boat goin by your house tonight it'll be me an some gyus I work wit loL

·
Registered
33 Posts
Prosser:

Lake George out on the #103 at exit 25 is a great spot for bass and unfortunately Pickerel, you can fish from shore there and catch bass. If you go in on the side to the left of the driving range it would be the south west side. You shouldn't have trouble picking up a few nice bass there.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Went out behind my place last night and caught a nice little brookie. I tried a deep spot in a run out that I have never been able to get at to fish properly.I put out a long line and after a few hits that I thought were perch, I hooked the fish and released it.

The trout was in really good shape firm, dark and lively despite the over all low condition of the river.

I caught it on a stone fly nymph.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts