Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, looking for people in the hrm for the river watch program.
we need at least 5 more people.
Bill (fly fish) has graciously offered to teach the course.
I have been trying for a few years now to set this course in the hrm.
Bill would you be so kind as to add that link for general info on the course?
to this topic.
I think that having this course would only better any outdoor experience.
we only need 6-8 people for this course to be run.so only 5 more min.
And Bill correct me if I'm wrong, the course is free?
I'll leave it here for now.

Thanks M

·
Registered
112 Posts
Bill, I can probably book a room for this session if you would like. It would be Akerely Campus in Dartmouth.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Bill, I can probably book a room for this session if you would like. It would be Akerely Campus in Dartmouth.
That would be super - I just need to know there would be about 6 to 8 people, and then I could set it up - we'd have to have people register, which I can do in advance, so that I could have cards and material all made out when you do the session.
If people who are interested in a River Watch session in Dartmouth would e-mail me (flyfish (at) tightlines.ca) I can start putting an e-mail list together and we can look at possible dates.
The website with information for the course (website about to be re-done, but for now it gives you the information anyway...) is:
River Watch NS

The program is free as it is underwrtitten by the Province for the materials and Trout Unlimited Canada provides volunteers like me to do the training. The course takes about 4-6 hours.
Bill

·
Registered
8 Posts
That would be super - I just need to know there would be about 6 to 8 people, and then I could set it up - we'd have to have people register, which I can do in advance, so that I could have cards and material all made out when you do the session.
If people who are interested in a River Watch session in Dartmouth would e-mail me (flyfish (at) tightlines.ca) I can start putting an e-mail list together and we can look at possible dates.
The website with information for the course (website about to be re-done, but for now it gives you the information anyway...) is:
River Watch NS

The program is free as it is underwrtitten by the Province for the materials and Trout Unlimited Canada provides volunteers like me to do the training. The course takes about 4-6 hours.
Bill
I would also be interested in this. Let me know what is going to happen.
Cheers Glenn [email protected]

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
woo hoo. looks as if its going to go this time.
DGC if you got a room thats great. let me know
if it all works out. if not I have a place.thanks
cant thank you enough Bill.
looking forward to meeting everyone too.
as for dates... pretty much anytime is good for me.
unemployed at the the moment.LOL.

Thanks again Bill
and everyone else for your support.

see ya all soon M

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
any plans on a date and time/place?
any saturday or sunday morning/afternoon/evening.
Just for you Greg.LOL
I beleive you're not the only 9-5 slave.
a weekend would be best all around I'm sure.
Any sugestions?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Hi all,
Again, what I need from people is for them to e-mail me through my address (not through the website) which is:
flyfish(at sign)tightlines.ca

I need your name, phone number and street address, so I can have the materials ready for whenever we meet.
I like the idea of a weekend, but am open to whenever you all wish.
Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hey all. lets get those emails off to Bill. the sooner he has enough names the sooner we can set a date.
would like to have a date set in the next few days.

thanks M

·
Registered
523 Posts
HI all-
So, as of right now I have four names of people who have registered with me:
Mark
Kris
Glenn
Mat

I see several others who said they'd be interested but they have yet to e-mail me their name, address and phone number.
Send this information to me:
flyfish(at)tightlines.ca
As soon as we get another couple of people I'll e-mail the group and we can pick a date, which going by the discussion looks like maybe a weekend day - it only takes 4 hours or so with 6 people, and it helps so much...
Trout Unlimited Canada has also helped me out, and I will be re-doing the website very soon so as to make reporting and so forth much easier.
Thanks all, Yours in Conservation,
Bill

1 - 20 of 123 Posts