Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
River Philip
What species do you target in the river?
Brown Trout630.00%
Atlantic Salmon840.00%
Speckled Trout525.00%
Other15.00%

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I fish this river all the time and think it is one of the best Rivers to go out and fish. Lets hear some past stories of the river and your tips for landing those big fish lurking in the river.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Awesome fall river. Great local conservation groups (CCREA) continue to do great work there.
Landed my first bright there a few years back

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are doing some great work and studies on the river, props to Danny Ripley and Trout Unlimited for all the work they put in to maintain the river and the fishery. I hope they pass the proposed change to allow the river to be open from April 1st-14th downstream from Spencers Bridge only to fly anglers with a license, barbless hook and catch and release. I went out at the start of the season and landed 14 Salmon in 4 days of fishing and my friend landed 6 in under 6 hours.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have never fished the river before, but I would very much like to come up from Halifax and try for some Brown trout. Any advice, tips, or other helpful suggestions? I assume there are sea-run browns; how do folks target them?

Thanks,
J.B.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I have never fished the river before, but I would very much like to come up from Halifax and try for some Brown trout. Any advice, tips, or other helpful suggestions? I assume there are sea-run browns; how do folks target them?

Thanks,
J.B.
I would also like to know lol sounds like a great river.. JB let me know if you go if it's worth the 2 hour drive lol if it is I might want to make a trip up there

·
Registered
806 Posts
right on FM. I have heard that but never hooked one there. I plan to spend 2 weeks around there this Oct. Didn't fish it this spring but saw some nice pics (inc yours) and they were in great shape. Good to see

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
right on FM. I have heard that but never hooked one there. I plan to spend 2 weeks around there this Oct. Didn't fish it this spring but saw some nice pics (inc yours) and they were in great shape. Good to see
Thanks Rob,
Send me a message a week or 2 before you know you are coming up this way swap some flies and land some Salmon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts