Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner

Report A Poacher - Contact Numbers

4K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  girlfisher 
#1 ·
DFO - 1-800-565-1633 - Best to report to DFO Poaching Activities relating to Salmon, Sea Trout, Stripped Bass, Shad, Smelt, Gaspereau and any Anadromous (sea going)Fish Species.

DNR - 1800-565-2224 - Best to report to DNR Poaching Activities relating Bass, Pickerel, Stocked Lakes etc.

CRIME STOPPERS - Now accepting tips on Illegal Fishing Activities - 1-800-565-TIPS(8477)

If you see Illegal Fishing Activities - you can call any of these #'s. The Quicker the info gets to a Fishery Officer/Conservation Officer or even RCMP - the better the Success achieved in Prosecuting the Offenders. You can even call the local DFO/DNR office (if during working hours).

I am also happy to convey your reports on - just message me.

#4 ·
Heres a question. If you do have a camera on you, what are some good things to take pics of for use against the poacher. I would assume a picture of them, the catch in question, their vehicle and plate would be great to have but is there anything that people usually dont think to get that could help convict someone?

#6 ·
Hey Fishcop,

Great idea. Just wondering, is there a website or e - mail address that could also be used? Just thinking you might not be online here and someone may wish to make contact via computer.

Again, thanks for the information.

Terran

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.