Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my 3-yr old Rapala Pro 6 man ice shelter out yesterday and started to set it up by popping out the roof and walls. *snap* One of the rods that braces a wall splintered on me. Tried another wall and same thing happened.

Does anyone know where to get replacement rods for these shelters? Not sure why they broke, but I'm starting to think maybe the hinge points corroded and seized.

Not impressed, (C)Rapala...

·
Registered
82 Posts
I would call Rapla. My buddy had one of his poles snap on his equinox fishinn shelter, call them and they sent him a new hub with 4 rods free of charge. Its worth a try, failing that you can use the yellow fiberglss rods that are used for driveway markers. Just make shure you get the 3/8" ones. Cut it to length, remove the hub metal end with a little heat and re- epoxie the end on your new rod.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would call Rapla. My buddy had one of his poles snap on his equinox fishinn shelter, call them and they sent him a new hub with 4 rods free of charge. Its worth a try, failing that you can use the yellow fiberglss rods that are used for driveway markers. Just make shure you get the 3/8" ones. Cut it to length, remove the hub metal end with a little heat and re- epoxie the end on your new rod.
used the yellow driveway marker as the replacement - worked beautifully. thanks for the tip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts