Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would assume you would find it here...but sadly it has not been posted yet!

Regs
Thats what I thought....especially with season only days away!! Are licenes available yet??
Oh well...maybe Dexters crew will have it up by this time next year!! What a effing joke they are!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I Emailed them this morning asking for the handbook to be made available on line, as it looks like we will not see it or licences for a while. I also asked for a reply by Email, I am not holding my breath but have my fingers crossed. They were handing out the handbooks at last weekends RV show, so it should be a simple matter to upload in PDF format the 2011 version.

·
Levity Consultant
1,787 Posts
any major surprises?
The biggest surprise is that there is a 2 pt. font and you need a microfiche reader to read it.

One thing I noted in Halifax County (other than the demarcation line discussed in another thread) is that there are no "high harvest" lakes. This has no impact on me with respect to harvesting, but it does mean that the affected lakes (Rocky, Loon, MicMac, Banook, and perhaps others I've forgotten) are now closed to SMB angling at the end of October, rather than the end of December. Grand Lake will continue to stay open through December as it was (and is) a "trophy" lake, rather than a "high harvest" lake.

Paul

·
Registered
84 Posts
I got a rely back this morning from the Webmaster. She advised that she was waiting for permission to upload the 2011 handbook. She forwarded my Email to the manager responsible, and I now see the on their site that it will be available as soon as their review of the document is complete. Hopefully some time this week we can all have a copy.

·
Registered
806 Posts
The biggest surprise is that there is a 2 pt. font and you need a microfiche reader to read it.

One thing I noted in Halifax County (other than the demarcation line discussed in another thread) is that there are no "high harvest" lakes. This has no impact on me with respect to harvesting, but it does mean that the affected lakes (Rocky, Loon, MicMac, Banook, and perhaps others I've forgotten) are now closed to SMB angling at the end of October, rather than the end of December. Grand Lake will continue to stay open through December as it was (and is) a "trophy" lake, rather than a "high harvest" lake.

Paul
i and a few others over here in the valley that fishes gasperau lake aren't particularly ammused by this ''high harvest'' change!we hadthe luxury of fishing the lake when the water level wasn't lowering ,yet there was lots of water flow. it makes for good fishing for the rest of the year! afew of us would fish pretty much until ice up. yes we still have little river lake, but there's definately more ''numbers'' in gasperau.

despite my ''pleads'' , and voicing my concern about it , this resource that was gaining momentum with anglers is going to be lost!--no fishing gasperau lake after oct.31st!!

is there no justice in this world!

·
Registered
587 Posts
i and a few others over here in the valley that fishes gasperau lake aren't particularly ammused by this ''high harvest'' change!
Hi JS
I agree on Gasperau - no reason to shut it down in Oct.
Maybe it could be designated a Special Bass Management Area like the ones lower on the system. And include Two mile and Four Mile in the area.
A few years ago I asked night fishing be allowed and that was never acted on either.
Have a good spring
Paul

·
Levity Consultant
1,787 Posts
I have to wonder if the shortening of the season was unintended collateral damage associated with the removal of the "high harvest" designation or whether there was a valid fisheries management reason for it.

Paul

·
Levity Consultant
1,787 Posts
Changing the topic a bit to other species, I note that Round and Lewis Lakes will be open all year for white and yellow perch. Is this new?

Paul

·
Registered
249 Posts
Kind of, I think traditionally Round & Lewis had a summer trout season and winter one,the perch corresponded with it. now they are open all year, for all species., except retention of specks, which is summer season.

·
Levity Consultant
1,787 Posts
Kind of, I think traditionally Round & Lewis had a summer trout season and winter one,the perch corresponded with it. now they are open all year, for all species., except retention of specks, which is summer season.
I couldn't remember whether Round and Lewis were open for bows in for October through December in 2010 and earlier years.

Paul

·
Registered
806 Posts
thanks mush mush , i agree with you guys about the ''colatteral'' damage. as of right now i'm the only one complaining about the early closing . planning on attending the RFAC meeting but we'll see how much success can be had!perfect example of what RFAC meetings are for.i brought it up to one of the other people who fishes it , and he said it perfectly.why loose this expanding resource. and anouther person quoted that he seen no reason why bass fishery lakes without a strong population of ''native species'', should be open until dec.31st!
i agree with him. i don't think it should be all year for bass , but late is great!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts