Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hello;

Making the suggestion that the bodies of water I have listed below be considered for winter angling in RFA 6. Only one of the bodies of water has a name so the other will be description only.

Suggested Area 1- Located in North River. Area is right off of the 104 highway just after it crosses the overpass over the 311 highway heading towards the Valley/Bible Hill exit(Exit 17). This body of water is directly behind Winston Black auto sales. Area can be accessed from the 104 and the 311 as well as there is a gated entrance off of Farnham Mill Rd.

Based on what I have caught as well as my friends experiences this pond has a good population of smallmouth bass and white perch and seems to have descent numbers of yellow perch.

This area is not stocked to the best of my knowledge.

Suggested Area 2- Located in North River. Area is right off of highway 104 after it crosses the overpass over the 311 highway heading towards the Truro exit(Exit 15) but before it crosses the North river. Area can be accessed from the 311. Gated entrance at the Leo Blair ball fields lead to this pond.

Based on my own experience as well as others this pond contains are large amount of white and yellow perch. There is also a very limited number of speckled trout in this body of water.

This area is not stocked to the best of my knowledge.

Suggested Area 3- Located in Debert. Area is known as Rayners Pit. Area can be accessed by taking dirt road right across from the military rifle range on the Plains rd.

This body of water contains are large amount of yellow perch and is annually stocked with speckled trout.

Thanks for the oppurtunity for me to suggest these areas. Hopefully with proper management on all levels we can see more winter angling oppurtunities open up in this area which would benefit the entire county as well as the province.

If any more information is needed on this or if I can be of any assistance please just let me know.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts