Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
I know its been said few times here already, but more lakes open in the area for perch, and pickerel would be nice. There are currently no lakes in the area open for perch all year, and only one that I'm aware of open all year for pickerel. It's about a 45 minute to 1 hour drive from my place. There are lots of lakes in the area that are quite close and contain pickerel as well as perch, it would be nice to have the chance to fish closer to home.

There is also only one lake open for bows around here, and it's still a 40 minute drive at least to get there. More put and take fisheries for stocked bows as well as stocked brook trout spread more throughout the entire rfa would make ice fishing more available to more people throughout the entire area, that might not otherwise have a chance to enjoy the sport.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hey Shienar I read your post and am in complete agreement. A province wide voice is exactly what we need and I think your just the man for that.

Here's a list of some lakes and ponds in the area that could benefit from an all year fishery for you as promised. It isn't much but is a start as there are more streams and rivers in this area, than lakes. But hopefully others can get involved as well for the rest of the rfa and province as well.

Bar Pond (Queens Co) Chain Pickerel (Used to be stocked with trout years back, only picks in there now.)

Victoria Lake (Queens Co) Yellow Perch, Possible stocked speckle trout ( Has quite a few yellow perch in there now and some are pretty decent size. It's also stocked each year for a youth fishing derby with specks so it could have a possible winter speckle fishery.)

1st and or 2nd Christopher lakes ( Queens Co) White and Yellow perch possible stocked speckles ( These are a little questionable, but would make a nice all year fishery I think. The lakes do have some alright numbers of decent sized white and yellow perch, but is also a special trout management area, stocking the lakes with trophy speckles and smaller fish, in the spring as a put and take fishery for anglers, and also trying to better the fishery. having a reduced bag limit of 2 for trout.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts