Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I recently bought a Rapala Skitter Prop off ebay. I ahve been watching some videos on youtube, it seems to have amazing action. Has anyone used one before, and if so did you have luck with it. Never owned a Rapala that didnt work, but just curious of other peoples experience.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have used both the Skitterpop and the Tiny Torpedo with great success. I love to see the top water takes. I don't think you can go to far wrong with any plug Rapala puts out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have used both the Skitterpop and the Tiny Torpedo with great success. I love to see the top water takes. I don't think you can go to far wrong with any plug Rapala puts out.
I love my Skitter Pop, caught more fish with it than any other lure I own. I have heard good things about torpedoes. Maybe I'll buy one and compare it with the Rapala!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Blue chrome(SP)always have one tied on a sunny day.
One of my favorite top water baits.
You make the action,depending on what the fish are wanting.

·
Registered
328 Posts
years ago when there was articles written and posted on novascotiafishing.com it was on fishing torpedos really good read. I hope the person who posted it see this and posts it again its what made me try my fist torpedo and have loved them ever since.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a couple of these, seems like they are easier to keep tuned than a torpedo but I've caught a lot more fish on the torpedos!

·
Registered
288 Posts
I've got a couple and have never caught a fish on them....watched a few youtubed vids...might have to add them in to the rotation again.

·
Registered
214 Posts
years ago when there was articles written and posted on novascotiafishing.com it was on fishing torpedos really good read. I hope the person who posted it see this and posts it again its what made me try my fist torpedo and have loved them ever since.
Love to see that article. I also have very good luck with Heddon Torpedos and Rapala Skitter pops!! Have several in my tackle box.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hi everyone, I recently bought a Rapala Skitter Prop off ebay. I ahve been watching some videos on youtube, it seems to have amazing action. Has anyone used one before, and if so did you have luck with it. Never owned a Rapala that didnt work, but just curious of other peoples experience.
They work great. Now isn't really the time of year for them now. I'd suggest waiting until the hot summer months when the smallies are most active.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I always have a skitter prop in the box, love it. i have never fished without getting some action. my biggest smallie came on my third cast with the skitter, and yeah, wait till the warmer summer months.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I bought 2 different sizes of the new live target frog, and also bought the live target field mouse, from what I read they should work awesome, I am a big fan of skitter pop and the tiny torpedo both in the fire tiger color, cant wait till i get them all in the water.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts