Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I have a friend who doesn't have a fishing license. Is he allowed to hang out with me while I fish if he doesn't do any fishing himself?

·
Banned
585 Posts
Don't see why not, as long as your (license holder's) personal limit is the same. A person without a license is not allowed to possess any fish or actively fish (in freshwater), with the exception of the two free times per year. One weekend in June and one weekend in Feb I believe. Someone else will be able to get you the correct dates I am sure. Those are also good times to introduce a new person to practical fishing.

Trav

·
Registered
9 Posts
If I take my 8 year old fishing (only he fishes) do I need a license
That's one thing I do know. Anyone under 16 does not need a license to fish.

Oh, and thanks for answering my question.

·
Registered
245 Posts
That's correct about anyone under 16 not needing a license to fish. If you are going to also fish with her though you would need your own license. bringing a friend to tag along while you fish is certainly allowed. mr old school, you catch anything yet? hope all the answers on your other post helped ya out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mr old school, you catch anything yet? hope all the answers on your other post helped ya out.
Nah, I'm going on my first trip this weekend.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I thought it was in my vest... then I could have sworn it was my tackle box... then I knew it had to be in the car. But to my surprise I lost my fresh water fishing licence. How do I get a replacement? And can I continue to fish, even if I don’t have it in my possession?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
If you return to the store where u bought it, they can issue a replacement if they have the forms(I know that Fishing Fever does). When u get your new one, run it through your printer, make 3 copies, put each in a plastic bag, then place a plastic bag in your vest, your tackle box, and your car. You must produce, on demand of a conservation officer/peace officer a valid angler's license. Regards.......

·
Registered
24 Posts
The one rod comment earlier concerns me. When I fish bass, I usually bring 3 rods. One rigged top, one mid and one bottom.

I often bring friends out for some time on the boat that don't always have licenses. They just want to be out on the water relaxing.

If I have a friend sitting in the boat but not fishing, am I in violation of regulations?

·
1,353 Posts
No your fine. Your friend cannot use a rod in the act of fishing, but he can pass one to you, wave it in the air, ect. but not fish.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hi All
Sometimes the CO know less than the folks in this group. Keep a booklet handy with the telephone number so you can get his boss should the need arise. It did one time with me when I was guiding a client. The CO had a hard time believing I wasn't fishing as I had left my licence at home. A quick phone call soon fixed that. Cell phones are handy things!
Paul

1 - 14 of 14 Posts