Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi JHG myself and 6 others will be there,have fished it for the past 2 years,won it 2 years ago with a 410lb. thresher shark.Hope to see you there.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
None from me, I'm still wet behind the ears in terms of offshore fishing. Just going to prepare for the weather, food and fish. Should be a fun time. We should exchange cell tel and text when u've caught something... not that there's likely a signal out there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi guys I have been keeping a eye on the water temperatures off of Liverpool and it looks like a lot of warm water not far off shore.Lets hope for good weather and all have a good time.Just got the chum tonite,now to grind it tomor nite,hope to see you there.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi guys I have been keeping a eye on the water temperatures off of Liverpool and it looks like a lot of warm water not far off shore.Lets hope for good weather and all have a good time.Just got the chum tonite,now to grind it tomor nite,hope to see you there.
They're calling for very good weather next weekend in Liverpool. See you there.

·
Registered
37 Posts
we went down and ended up with 3 sharks, 2 cod, and some mackrel. Learned alot about fishing for sharks, biggest lesson learned dont be stingy on the chum, lol.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sorry guys about the slow reply,we landed 13 sharks all blue dogs saw water as warm as 72.3 degrees.Saw many tuna they were every where just dozens and dozens of them,all and all a good time just way too warm.

·
Registered
37 Posts
All in all an excellent time was had by all in our party. The captain of our boat won the captains prize and im sure it will come in handy for him while he posted out west. All i can say for myself is im already pricing gear and a boat, after just 3 sharks im hooked.

Sharkin: about how far offshore did you guys go? The first day we were close to 30km and the second day we were around 15 and we got some sharks. And about how much chum did you go through each day?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts