Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some 7" 'Power worms' for bass fishing. Has anyone tried using these - or had any success with them? The only other experience i had with powerbait is when i purchased some little white plastic grub worms to test out on trout - didnt have any luck with them though. Thanks

·
Banned
585 Posts
I have found the Berkley power bait dough and Gulp worm (skin color) to work on stocked and natural trout and sometimes the 'worm' varitations to work on Bass. I don't use it often enough to comment futher.
Trav

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I have always had good fortune with the Berkley, Pure fishing, products. I lean towards either black, or smoke coloured baits...Regards...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey Grasshopper, don't be intimidated by the big 7 inch worms. They work awsome on McCabes lake. Heres what ya need to do. Userally you get an offset worm hook and rig it texas style. I caught my Largest tournamnert Bass in Black river lake by nose hooking a big 7 inch Black Chartruse worm. So get a 1/O hook and rig it though the nose. Then take a decent sized split **** and place it 18 inches in fron of the worm. I find worms work best of HOT sunny flat days...cast it out parralle to a big weed bed and just slowly and I mean slowly inch it along the bottom....give the bass a little extra time befor you set the hook and you should be set!!

Colin

·
Registered
546 Posts
Hi There,

Don't know about the power bait worms, but I was using the GULP leeches in a bucket today on Tucker Lake in Beaver Bank and had awesome results. Lots of small yellow perch as well on a tiny yellow mepps spoon. I had a monster something or other on that I was unable to land, I was not ready for it and it went deep, then probably under a rock and my line got cut. I don't know what it was but it was a hell of alot bigger or stronger than any 20 something inch small mouth I have caught. i will go back for it tomorrow...

James

·
Registered
546 Posts
Hey Tony,

Did they have luck? They seemed to be getting a few hits when we were leaving.

Landlock?!?! in Tucker lake?!?! Really, you know of anyone who caught one there before?

Take it easy,

James

·
Registered
18 Posts
Love the power worm. In fact i personally like the 10" alot better than the 7".black w/ blue fleck is my fav. I will suggest a shaky head jig though (if shaky head fishing) otherwise a simple texas rig style will work. check out these jigs manufactued by "Owner" http://www.ownerhooks.com/pages/products/hooks/ultraheads.htm#5151
I bought mine down at fishing fever and just love em weedless. the twistlock is great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts