Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I was fishing out at Noel today and a fisher person who had hooked a 16 or so incher just ripped it about 20 feet up the rocks and onto the beach since she couldn't be arsed to go to the surf. She then chucked it heavily back into the bay.

Please, if you fish stripers, release them gently at the surf so that they can survive to grow to a nice size.

Thank you.

James

Reactions: Spastic Caster

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Lots of folks just don't know any better......Because no one ever took the time to show them....So sad.......If she had been a hottie in a bikini, I'll bet u would have taken the time...... Now, be honest,....Tell the truth!!!! Regards

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lots of folks just don't know any better......Because no one ever took the time to show them....So sad.......If she had been a hottie in a bikini, I'll bet u would have taken the time...... Now, be honest,....Tell the truth!!!! Regards
Hey Shimanoman,

She was quite a distance from me and I only saw her with the fish as she was dragging it onto the rocks, then left shortly afterwards. Ummm... as I was fishing with my fiance, I try to avoid interacting with bikini clad hotties... LOL

If you ever feel like fishing up in that area, I live in Beaver Bank, shoot me a message. I am interested in doing some night/EARLY morning fishing on the tide as well.

I used up all of last years mackerel today though, so I better catch some off Fisherman's Wharf ot I am sol.

Cheers,

James

·
Registered
49 Posts
They have no respect for the fish.You don't see people treating Salmon like that.I've many times see people let short Bass thrash around on the beach,while they try to get the hook out, which it usually swallows, cause they are using small hooks.Large circle hooks should be mandatory!If we could get a Salt water license system in effect, we'd get rid of most of the yahoos.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a similar experience the other week. A guy fishing alongside would catch an undersized one, lift it up above the water to where he was sitting, unhook it and toss it back out - about 10 ft out and 6 ft down. I landed a small one and made a point of crawling down the bank to the waters edge, cradled the fish in the water, popped out the 6/0 circle hook and let it swim off my hand. He seemed to be oblivious, as he launched his next one back in the same way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts