Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow anglers!

Well for starters I am completely new to this site. I have fishing experience, but it has been a long time since I've fished. Both my parents love to fish, so I grew up with it, but over the years I have had less and less time for it... Well I recently moved to Eastern Passage, and collected all my tackle and rods from my parents house, so I'm wondering where is a good place to fish around Eastern Passage. I'm not fussy with species or even fresh or salt water, but I do not have a boat... but I really want to get fishing again!

Please let me know if you know of some places, even suggested baits/tackle etc

Thanks!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site
For salt water there is Fishermans wharf and the beach by the board walk.
For fresh there are Morris and russel lakes quite close by.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Near the beach by the boardwalk, I thought I recall seeing people fishing from there. Do mackeral run through there?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Sorry not sure where on the shore there is access

·
457 Posts
try around the boat launch on caldwell for morris
its in the corner on the bottom right of your map
as for russel im not to sure
but if your coming that far you can alwayss give mic mac and banook a try as well

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have lived in Eastern Passage for 10 years but have caught many Mackerel and pollack on the warf and off the end of the board walk. Feathers and light spinning gear will work. Pollack will take spinners and I actually caught a 6.5lb Blue Fish a few years ago. As for other beach casting marks. I have fished several places on the south shore with minimal results. I generally do the 1-1.5 hr trip to the bay area.

Morris lake and Desaid lake are close and will produce bass and trout and pickerel but I have not had much quantity from the shore. Several others within 20 mins driving.

Remember where there is water there are fish just waiting to be caught. They just don't know it yet.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just took a little trip down to morris lake and there were people catching trout from the dock and shore. i will be there tomorrow evening for sure.

·
Registered
32 Posts
heres a good sign of how much I've forgotten.. I was just talking to a co-worker about my plans for this evening (weather permitting...) and he asked me how much a fishing license was...............guess i'll be going to get a license on my lunch, whoops!

Anyone know where I could pick up some worms before I start digging up parts of my yard?

·
Registered
4 Posts
just took a little trip down to morris lake and there were people catching trout from the dock and shore. i will be there tomorrow evening for sure.
I've havn't fish morris yet this year but have had lots of luck in the past mostly bass and chain, if you walh around the beach were the kids swim there is atrail that leads you to a few places that ahve decent fishing.I have also had good luck in de said 3 lb bass, but this from either kayak or canoe, right now I have both and usually look for a reason to fish, so if you want I'm good most days aside from this saturday. I live across form morris so don't much notice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all,
I am new to the area. I just came from Southern Ontario, and have never fished in the ocean before. I live near woodside, and I know where the fishermans wharf is, but where can you actually fish there? And where is the boardwalk you have been talking about?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello all,
I am new to the area. I just came from Southern Ontario, and have never fished in the ocean before. I live near woodside, and I know where the fishermans wharf is, but where can you actually fish there? And where is the boardwalk you have been talking about?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I haven't actually fished the wharf myself yet, but I imagine that exactly where people would fish from.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've havn't fish morris yet this year but have had lots of luck in the past mostly bass and chain, if you walh around the beach were the kids swim there is atrail that leads you to a few places that ahve decent fishing.I have also had good luck in de said 3 lb bass, but this from either kayak or canoe, right now I have both and usually look for a reason to fish, so if you want I'm good most days aside from this saturday. I live across form morris so don't much notice.
I pm'd you.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts