Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any lakes in Lunenburg or Queens County,that I could try my hand at ice fishing for Pickerel?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hi Captain
Lake Paul is a good bet. It sort of straggles the Kings - Lunenburg Line but flows into Lunenburg county. A goodly number there. Every one you fry is one less to spawn come spring. The lake is easy to get to with a couple of access spots near plowed roads.
In Queens County, Lewis Lake or sometimes Louie Lake or Louis Lake wherever you look has Pickerel also. It is a weedy shallow lake so you need be careful on the lake. It is by Port Jolie and is a piece in the woods - not easy to get there if there is much snow. I never had any luck there but I never spent a lot of time during good fishing weather.
Good luck and be careful - the water is cold this time of year.
Paul

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Captain
Lake Paul is a good bet. It sort of straggles the Kings - Lunenburg Line but flows into Lunenburg county. A goodly number there. Every one you fry is one less to spawn come spring. The lake is easy to get to with a couple of access spots near plowed roads.
In Queens County, Lewis Lake or sometimes Louie Lake or Louis Lake wherever you look has Pickerel also. It is a weedy shallow lake so you need be careful on the lake. It is by Port Jolie and is a piece in the woods - not easy to get there if there is much snow. I never had any luck there but I never spent a lot of time during good fishing weather.
Good luck and be careful - the water is cold this time of year.
Paul
Hi Paul.

Thanks for the advice. I will definatley check out both lakes.I used to duck hunt on Louis Lake when i was a young fella', but didnt know it had Pickerel in it! I cant wait for it to freeze over, Santa brought me a new ice shelter for Xmas. No more sitting on a 5 gallon bucket, freezing my "nads" off!!

Mitch

1 - 3 of 3 Posts