Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think i may try penhorn lake tommorow (frist time ice fishing)but i was wondering if it,s still good ice and if anyones still getting bows i might be too late? Any info would be great.........

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
we were there SAt plenty of ice fishing slow though but maybe alright as long as wind not out of the east which it may br b/c I think we are suppose to get rain good luck

·
457 Posts
im hoping to fish the morning there
before the weather turns

maybe ill see ya there if you get out
ill be wearing a brown coat and a hell of a lot of beard

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks... should be interesting i dont have an augar but im sure i will have no trouble finding a fresh hole.i was also wondering about entrance i was going to park behing the mall and hike down over the hill or is the a better way ?

·
457 Posts
Thanks... should be interesting i dont have an augar but im sure i will have no trouble finding a fresh hole.i was also wondering about entrance i was going to park behing the mall and hike down over the hill or is the a better way ?
i usually get off the highway onto onto prince albert rd fo;;ow it up behind super store
it turns into harris and goes right to pen
heres a google maps link to help figure out wat im talkin about
penhorn

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey there,didn't get any today but that might have been me,(frist time out)i did get a couple of good bites but could not get a hookset....next time, had to goe to 3 places to get a ice rod today and had no luck finding an auger luckly the where fresh holes ,,a little tweek with a hachet and i was set...well see how the storm effects the ice i may try on sunday...cheers

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Anyone heading to penhorn this weekend looks like we will have good weather hopefully good fishing too cheers

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Has anybody been to penhorn in the last few days ,wondering how the ice is,stll plenty thick...thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
The ice is real good. Went today. At least 12 inches. Had some bites but no takers.
Should be great spring ice fishing tomorrow!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea i got out today as well ice is great and got a few good bows i think i will hit it agian tommorow

1 - 13 of 13 Posts