Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone that could tell me places around Cavendish to fish for trout/salmon during the second weeked of july? i will be heading to the island for the counrty concert, but im just dropping my girl friend and her freinds off at the concert and im getting on a river/lake for the day. any information will be helpfull. i practise only catch and release and will have fly rods in hand.
thank you

·
Registered
587 Posts
Is there anyone that could tell me places around Cavendish to fish for trout/salmon during the second weeked of july? i will be heading to the island for the counrty concert, but im just dropping my girl friend and her freinds off at the concert and im getting on a river/lake for the day. any information will be helpfull. i practise only catch and release and will have fly rods in hand.
thank you
Hi Basser
The west river at Bonshaw is one of my favorites - its a little drive from Cavendish but not that far. Look for Bolger Park Road at Riverdale. Lots of good spots there. It has about 3 names on the map so finding it on a map can be confusing!
Also the Morell is good. Its about the same distance - 30 minutes prehaps. The locals at Cavendish fish there. A good river.
Enjoy your trip
Paul

·
Registered
87 Posts
Salmon chaser from the old board is a guide over there & an old buddy from my tenure over there. Dwayne Millr-Flyfish the Island 628-6175. West River, Morell River, Cardigan River(my old stomping grounds). Sea run brookies, true sea run steelhead, and some MONSTER white perch can be found over there. Summer months, right around when you'll be there is right around the time for the mackerel as well. Heck, in North Rustico, there's a few deep sea fishing charters as well, so you're not too far away from the action. Have fun!! Jamie

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys ai really appreciate it. im going to diffenetly look these places up but i also dont know what kind of time frame im looking at just yet so im gonna try and stay as close to Cavendish as possible hopefully with this help i will hook a few trout maybe even a nice grilse

·
Registered
424 Posts
caught a 13 1/2
incher steelhead lost a 18 incher right beside the shore and dad caught a 14 inch steelhead and then we found a little brook and about 30 trout in this little 3 foot poole and i caught about 7 steelhead that day it was fun

the big ones caught in montague that big river when first get into town and the little brook is right up the road!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts