Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been out to Panuke this year? Any one catching them? if so on what? I usually have good luck with a senkos.

Thanks for sharing,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks ,we usally launch at the other place (not by the dam) and go up the lake.We usally have good luck but I thought the water might have been too high,thanks for sharing.

·
Administrator
913 Posts
Thanks ,we usally launch at the other place (not by the dam) and go up the lake.We usally have good luck but I thought the water might have been too high,thanks for sharing.
I am refering to and use the launch at the end of Panuke Road. The dam i am refering to is not the one at the very North end of the lake. It is just North of the launch at the end of Panuke Rd. Once you cross over the dam you are getting into the area of the lake with all the tall dead standing stumps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Out there on the weekend, caught a few decent size over 12" with a few smaller; were not hitting topwater baits much but they love the Berkley Power Grubs (brown) on a jig head fished near the bottom

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Got out on Panuke on Sun Am early ,took my dad and his friend{ a first timer for smallie] out. Hit all my favorite spots and we pulled out a mass number of the 10 to12 clones, Archie caught the first decent one at 16" and had some shoulders, 20mins and another spot and my dad pulls in a decent 16" I came in third with a mere 14".They kept me busy fixing baits and taking off fish. I hope my kids do this for me when I'm in my 80s.
. By 11:30 it got so hot the fishing turned off as expected for that lake.
Were are all the big ones????? Im used to seeing. water was 69 to 71degrees and thedecent ones are deep.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Panuke fished very well last night, I was on the lake from 5pm till sundown, stopped counting at 12 lots of 12-14" until the sun was setting and I boated a few 17" and an 18" the magic lure was a blue over chrome Fat Rap that I rarely fish but has been in my tackle box forever.

Greg.
PS the water was 82F

·
Administrator
913 Posts
Panuke fished very well last night, I was on the lake from 5pm till sundown, stopped counting at 12 lots of 12-14" until the sun was setting and I boated a few 17" and an 18" the magic lure was a blue over chrome Fat Rap that I rarely fish but has been in my tackle box forever.

Greg.
PS the water was 82F
Greg, what were the water levels like on Panuke? Still up?

·
Registered
879 Posts
captain plastic,
End of salmonhole dam rd or Panuke lake rd, I would use the latter and head to the left from the launch, that will put you in around the stump fields, fish around them and you should catch fish.

Greg

·
Administrator
913 Posts
I was on Panuke Lake today and the water levels are very low. The old dam by the launch is completly out of the water now which prevented me from getting the 20 ft bass boat north of the launch to fish the stumps. A local cottage owner told me the water level has been droping constantly for the last two weeks.

·
Administrator
913 Posts
Greg, got any newer info in reguards to the lake level? As already mentioned it was very low 2 weeks ago but wondering if it still has been dropping since then? Plan on fishing the CASA tourny there on Sunday. I assume the stumpy part of the lake will not be accessible for most, myself included.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts