Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Thanks for your offer newt, for me to take it to Musq. would be round trip of about 3 1/2 to 4 hours. That would start adding the cost up all by itself. I am going to take it to the local Garage here. The guy that owns it knows carbs. After that,,,we shall see. Cannot chase too much good money after it. It will than not be worth it. The motor is valued at 500-700 if it works. I owe WWM something,. not sure how much yet for looking at it? Might be my last Merc?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Thanks I will let you know. I am taking it to Cruickshanks here this week. I know he is knowledgable about Carbs.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Guest, sounds like you haven't picked up the motor yet, I suspect when you do it will be partially disassembled for them to know the depth of the repairs needed, if this is the case, hopefully ( unfortunately ) they can show and explain with better clarity what happened.
Keep us updated.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Guest, is there any updates? I hope my post didn't kill this topic
No you did not kill the topic. LOL Motor is not repaired and will not be repaired by me. I am not going to chase good money after it. WWM states that it needs some costly repair, some do not agree? I have had multitude of thoughts from folks, each one would cost lots of $$$ for a motor that is valued, working, at between $500-$800.00 That still leaves me as the one to have to pay the repairs if I persue that. A member here wants to possibly purchase it, he has been in touch with me. I will see where that leads, if not It goes back to the basement....to stay. I am in the market for a small motor, lots out there as well, I would love to get my hands on a Tanaka. Owned one once, wish I still had it.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Don't blame you, your story did push me to a Honda for a 9.9 though, with that being said I have a 2.5 Mercury two stroke that I bought new in /04 and I suspect I'll never need another

Enjoy the season

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Don't blame you, your story did push me to a Honda for a 9.9 though, with that being said I have a 2.5 Mercury two stroke that I bought new in /04 and I suspect I'll never need another

Enjoy the season
Thanks, I am afraid that my next new purchase will not be a Merc either. Have a Bigfoot on the back of the boat, that works fine, but this ordeal with the 2.5 is reason to move on to another breed. Particularly when WWM tells me this is nothing new with the small Merc's and that Mercury Marine will not state what the real deal is with them. Honda would certainly be at the top of my list if new was to be purchased. Once bitten, twice.....

21 - 29 of 29 Posts