Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
out on the brasdor lakes today my outboard a9.9 merc started acting up i stopped it once and had a real hard time getting it started and once started it did not sound right and would not go to full throttle so im looking for a repair shop that wont take me to the cleaners its a newer motor and i know it was never serviced valves done etc any suggestions for a shop im in cape breton but my son lives in hali and as long as the repair shop wouldnt mind keeping it for a few extra weeks ill travel to hali

·
Administrator
914 Posts
I highly recommend Lester Hanley of Hanley Marine who is located in Hubley, just outside of Halifax. Give him a call at 902-876-7044 and you wont be disappointed. Lester has a great reputation with all the bass tournament guys (myself included) for keeping our Mercury's running trouble free. He is honest and will get your motor running the way it should in no time. His labor rate is less than any other shop (under $50 per hr) and he has many years experience working on Mercury motors. :)

·
Registered
269 Posts
I had a carb problem with an old evinrude I bought, pick up a can of Seafoam at your auto parts store or Canadian tire, follow the directions, check it out on line first for info, works wonders!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
when i get it checked im gonna get it checked out from top to bottom and whatever it needs its gonna get i was about 11 kms up the lake when it decided to act up

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know there is a guy here in Louisbourg that does alot of work on boat motors. Not sure of the name and number but I can check if you wish. Very reasonable prices.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts