Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checked weather for friday 15-20mm of rain with 25k/h E winds almost province wide. wondering how many people going to be changing plans. and whos going to man up!

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'm gonna man up for sure. I was looking forward to the beautiful weather they were saying was coming friday over the while week. Now they do a complete 180 overnight with their forecast.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
guess might be a blesing for some of us that fish rain or shine might lighten pressure on some fishing holes. Im planning on fishing opening morning unless my interview for new job wants me to start that day
Ive spent many a opening day trying to keep the guides from icing up. guess little rain wont hurt.

G

·
I've been looking forward to it for too long. I'm gonna man up! Good point about lessoning the fishing pressure, never thought about that!

·
Registered
229 Posts
The wind is going to SW in the afternoon so should be a few nibbles at that time.Got my parka ready for the man up

·
Registered
546 Posts
I fly fished a tournament in the middle of a post tropical storm. Sometimes I eat the bugs so I know what flavour the fish are shooting for. I am mos def fishing on Friday.

Good luck have fun and see you out there,

James

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well looks like its just the 6 of us on the water friday..WOOHOO!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Make it seven... I'm taking a new fisherman out with me Friday morning and I don't care if the water is so damn high I have to swim out in the middle of the river to get into my honey hole. Luckily we're not too far from civilization so we can duck into Timmie's between casts.

·
Registered
255 Posts
will be out there also get off work at 7am fishing by 8 i hope weather is supposed to hold off here till afternoon should be a good morning

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Make it seven... I'm taking a new fisherman out with me Friday morning and I don't care if the water is so damn high I have to swim out in the middle of the river to get into my honey hole. Luckily we're not too far from civilization so we can duck into Timmie's between casts.
Sounds like your heading to the cormwallis as well...lol

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ill be in that area in the morning. trying to find a quiet section of unfinished water. So if you find me tomorrow that means i failed. Anyone trying the fly opening hours? I'm taking Baitcaster, spinning and fly. What the best bet for fly? big streamers or nymph and a strike indicator?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Ill be in that area in the morning. trying to find a quiet section of unfinished water. So if you find me tomorrow that means i failed. Anyone trying the fly opening hours? I'm taking Baitcaster, spinning and fly. What the best bet for fly? big streamers or nymph and a strike indicator?
i'm going to pull up my panties and stay away from the river. i'm not that hard core[wimpy]. if i had success in the past i'd probably try for a few hours. but i have to work through the weekend , so i'll wait until next week!

later , jonathan.

·
Levity Consultant
1,787 Posts
i'm going to pull up my panties...
That's a relief. We hate it when you leave them down.

I think there'll be about a three-hour window somewhere between "too f'n cold" and "windy enough to strand the S.S. Minnow" during which I'll try to sneak out to wet a line. After that, panties on (and up).

Paul

Reactions: pmorris
1 - 20 of 31 Posts