Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I live in Dartmouth and am looking for an old woods road that is not used any more. The road I enjoyed walking has been torn apart to make way for homes, unfortunately. It went on for miles by a nice stream and was so peaceful and quiet. Now I am looking for a similar road, one that is partially overgrown. This road will offer peace and quiet for a photographer who enjoys the solitude and serenity of such a spot. If you know of such a road close to Dartmouth please let me know. Thank you.

Tim

·
Banned
613 Posts
Hello,
I live in Dartmouth and am looking for an old woods road that is not used any more. The road I enjoyed walking has been torn apart to make way for homes, unfortunately. It went on for miles by a nice stream and was so peaceful and quiet. Now I am looking for a similar road, one that is partially overgrown. This road will offer peace and quiet for a photographer who enjoys the solitude and serenity of such a spot. If you know of such a road close to Dartmouth please let me know. Thank you.

Tim
Hey Tim,
what is your definition of close? There are lots of trails as you described an hour and a half East of you.

·
Registered
93 Posts
candy mountain rd has a couple of spots like that. as well upper partridge rd. in east preston comes to a court and there is a great trail there.

·
Registered
173 Posts
waverly rd has walking trails.and also up by the overpass where the last bus stop is there is an old road. i see people walking all the time.even a little pond across the street,(part of the shubie system) with some decent bass if you hit at the right time.(bonus)
google maps well show you where.
tonnes of photo opps

good luck Tim enjoy

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the replies. I haven't found anything yet but I will keep searching. If anyone does know of a great spot to walk that offers solitude and serenity, please let me know. Thank you.

·
Banned
767 Posts
Thank you for the replies. I haven't found anything yet but I will keep searching. If anyone does know of a great spot to walk that offers solitude and serenity, please let me know. Thank you.
Hi;

I walk my dog in a lot of places, but in those places where motorized toys are forbidden, [and they are few,it seems
], there are always lots of other people, even in winter. Try to find a woods road with no ATV's, trail bikes, and/or snowmobiles roaring up and down;== good luck.

I think that you have to forget about 'roads', and seek out 'paths', if you want solitude, peace, quiet, and safety. Try looking for hiking trails. There are lists on the web.

cheers,

chuck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts