Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am heading home to NS October 20th for 5 days. I want to do some trout fishing (salmon would be fun but too expensive for out of province). I can't think of many rivers or streams that will be open for trout. Here in Alberta we have many spring fed creeks that stay open year round. Anything in NS? I heard that Beaver Meadows outside Antigonish might be open year round for rainbows? Can anyone help? I'd love to get into some browns (would the Cornwallace be open in October) and will lake fish is have to. I was raised in NS and can't remember fishing in October. Thanks and great web site!

G

·
Beaver meadows is open until the 30th or 31st,no bait is allowed. artificial fly or possibly single hooked lure but im not 100% about the lure part.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Beaver meadows is open until the 30th or 31st,no bait is allowed. artificial fly or possibly single hooked lure but im not 100% about the lure part.
Thanks. I guess I should have been clear that I'm a fly fisherman and looking to fly fish in October. Cheers.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Google[ 2010 NS anglers handbook ] and you should get the entire booklet. IF a pic of allitlt girl with pink on and a rainboots holding a fish comes up you got the site I am thinking of. There are a few stocked lakes that stay open all year for bows. As for the cornwallis you'll be out of luck this trip soory bud

cheers and good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts