Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Admin
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attention all seaworthy shark hunters! September 5th has been designated as this years NovaScotiaFishing.com trip with Canada's premiere shark charter, Blue Shark Charters (www.bluesharkcharters.com) located in Eastern Passage.

For as little as $120 plus tax, you can take part in a full day shark charter with up to 9 other NovaScotiaFishing.com members. We have been offered a substantial discount on the charter so if you have any interest at all in taking part, post a reply here now to confirm your spot. Only 10 spots are available and if we have a full charter, the cost per person will be just $120 plus tax.

Captain Art Gaetan has been having an incredible season so far this year, most notably, catching and releasing 50 sharks in one day! (shattering his previous record of 32). I would encourage you to visit his website and be sure to take a look at the new photo gallery.

Make your decision quickly because on or before August 15th, we will review the list of committed people and at that time you will be asked to secure your spot with payment.

In addition to the potentially incredible shark fishing, you just never know what you may see while out at sea with Captain Art. Whales, tuna, sunfish, and an array of rare seabirds are just some of the sights often seen during a charter.

Don't miss out on this incredible opportunity. Just reply with your intent to take part and hopefully you'll be one of the lucky shark anglers on September 5th.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I too am in for this one. I have not taken part in any NSF events but this is too good to pass up. Please add my name.

David Jodrie

·
Registered
63 Posts
hang onto your hats boys. I did a charter with Art on the 14th. We landed 15 sharks. My back was tired after reeling in THREE. Since then I saw on his website that he's had a THIRTY and a FIFTY shark day! I don't know that I'd want any part of that! lol! You'll have a blast, and if you're concerned about the ethics of shark conservation - you'll be fishing with the right guide. All sharks are tagged and released in great condition
-DW

·
Registered
125 Posts
Best fishing trip I ever had was with Art two years ago...Signed up for the September 12 trip on nsh.com as the September 5 trip doesn't fit my schedule (in the middle of Labor Day w/e... Advise anyone looking for an excellent adventure that this is money well spent!!!...

·
Banned
585 Posts
Sounds great, I will put my name in there too. I know it will be a quality time! Loooking forward to seeing ya'll there.
Trav

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am 100% in. I went July 3rd this year and it was the time of our lives, we hooked 18 blue shark and landed 14. Art is a class act and is the best guide by far and worth every penny. If there is still room on board I'm game!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am 100% in. I went July 3rd this year and it was the time of our lives, we hooked 18 blue shark and landed 14. Art is a class act and is the best guide by far and worth every penny. If there is still room on board I'm game!!
count me in its been 9 yrs since ive gone out ..

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm in. Would like to bring a friend.

·
Admin
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't know how to work this site apparently but I am in for the second trip.
You are in for the NSH trip Mr. Big Fish, which is on Sep 12th. Currently is only one trip for each site, but if there is enough demand (seems there may be), a second trip may be arranged.

·
Admin
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Seems like we have overy 10 people that are interested. I'll figure out the first 10 who wanted in and will work on firming up that trip. I'll also check with the captain on if we can arrange another trip as well so if anyone else is interested, please post here and let me know. As it stands right now, it appears the Sep 5th trip is full and I'll work on arranging another shortly after. Stay tuned.

·
Admin
551 Posts
Hi guys. While the discussion is relevant to shark fishing, I'm going to attempt to put the hook & hook removal discussion in a new topic so I can stay focused on those who have expressed an interest in the NSF shark trip
If any messages get lost in the process, I apologize in advance.

Here is the link to the shark hooks topic

September 17th is now the possible date for our overflow trip. It will likely be a combination of NSF and NSH members. Stay tuned as I compile the list of the first 10 people that requested to be in on the Sep 5th trip.

-dave

1 - 20 of 65 Posts