Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I went to Silver today and I seem to have lost my golden horse shoe. I last had it last fri and sat at silver and sunken lake. If anyone sees it I would like to have it back as I had a long hard day without it. I'll be at silver in the am trying to find it

thanks
GF

·
Levity Consultant
1,787 Posts
I went to Silver today and I seem to have lost my golden horse shoe. I last had it last fri and sat at silver and sunken lake. If anyone sees it I would like to have it back as I had a long hard day without it. I'll be at silver in the am trying to find it

thanks
GF
LOL - Lost mine years ago. If I ever find another I'm going to get it bronzed and hang it in a safe place.

Reactions: pmorris

·
Registered
575 Posts
LOL I was trying to think of what a Golden Horse Shoe was. Was thinking it was a type of auger or something

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Did you catch anything today? Spastic Caster said you didn't have much luck on Fri agn. If I lived closer I would help ya out. All I can say is keep moving to diff holes and keeep moving up the coloum till you find em. Doesn't have to be deep this timke of year. Also this time of year you have to hold your rod they hit light and once so be ready and give your jig some movement once and awhile. You'll get buddy

cheers GF

·
Registered
575 Posts
Did you catch anything today? Spastic Caster said you didn't have much luck on Fri agn. If I lived closer I would help ya out. All I can say is keep moving to diff holes and keeep moving up the coloum till you find em. Doesn't have to be deep this timke of year. Also this time of year you have to hold your rod they hit light and once so be ready and give your jig some movement once and awhile. You'll get buddy

cheers GF
Thanks GF. Still haven't caught anything through ice. I'm up probably close to 30 hours so far. Going to stay with my father for a couple days and we're going to try a couple lakes in Antigonish. Each time I go out I learn something new, like holding the rod.. Everyone I've seen has been just leaving it sit there, so that's what I did. But now I'm going to stay glued to it! And once I get a spring bobber that should help even more. Makes me wonder how many bites I've missed. Thanks for all the advice everybody, it makes it a lot easier and more enjoyable!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks GF. Still haven't caught anything through ice. I'm up probably close to 30 hours so far. Going to stay with my father for a couple days and we're going to try a couple lakes in Antigonish. Each time I go out I learn something new, like holding the rod.. Everyone I've seen has been just leaving it sit there, so that's what I did. But now I'm going to stay glued to it! And once I get a spring bobber that should help even more. Makes me wonder how many bites I've missed. Thanks for all the advice everybody, it makes it a lot easier and more enjoyable!
don't tell the dead stickers your trick it is awesome to catch fish when noone else is lol Try gairlock in pictou co they put a lot in there

·
Registered
575 Posts
Cameron n gillis is where to go..im sure u will connect down there..
Yeah that's where we're going tomorrow. Putting in about 4-5 hours there and using light action rods instead of medium so hopefully that will help me notice the bites better haha. Going smelting in pictou on the rising tide afterwards so even if we don't get any trout atleast we SHOULD get some smelt.

GF, we might be going to gairloch on wednesday, not sure. Me and my father are both laid off so we can do whatever we want ! Thanks guys/gal

1 - 11 of 11 Posts