Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone. You may have noticed that people on these fishing forums have been posting all excited about kayak fishing. Well if you were at all interested in checking out the sport or meeting guys that do this as their main fishing system then here is your chance. These events are open to all paddlers. Doesn't matter what you paddle. Rubber duck, canoe or float tube.
We are full of prizes and will be giving away the main prizes through a draw system in order to eliminate local domination. All 3 events have a top prize of an Ocean Kayak Fishing Sit on top that will be drawn from the participants.
Canadian Kayak Angler's and locals from across the country are bringing you the CKA Cross Canada Tour. We have 3 Maritime stops.

Click for Details Nova Scotia Spring Smallie Slam
Held just outside Weymouth, NS on the April 30th weekend. Free Camping, Big Prizes and only 30$ to enter.

Click for Details Hammond River Classic
Held at the Hammond River Angling Association - July 16th & 17th
2nd annual event. Music, drinks, free camping and only $30 to enter

Click for Details NB Paddler's Fishing Derby
Held at Sunbury-Oromocto park, French Lake , NB June 11th & 12th
$30 entry fee, Great family weekend

For other details www.CanadianKayakAnglers.com

·
Levity Consultant
1,787 Posts
They look like great events!

Paul

·
Registered
43 Posts
Great looking series of events, hope everyone has a lot of fun and all events are very well attended.

Be very interested in hearing how each event goes.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great looking series of events, hope everyone has a lot of fun and all events are very well attended.

Be very interested in hearing how each event goes.
Mark I read a few posts back from your profile. What are you doing at the RV show there next month? I will also be there. Can we put up a poster in your booth? I will come introduce myself
Thanks for your interest.

·
Registered
128 Posts
im interested in the ns one. who is going? may have to do it just for the hell of it

·
Registered
128 Posts
yes i do. i have a 13 footer that isnt really set up for fishing but i do it anyways in it. been out afew times in it fishing. caught a few bass and a chain

·
Registered
433 Posts
The Nova Scotia stop is on a terrific piece of water... access to four lakes without exiting the yak at times.... and plenty of 2 pound plus bass not to mention chainsides and lunker whites.

I will definitely be in attendance.

Cheers
Gary

·
Registered
175 Posts
One of the best early season fisheries in NS in my opinion. Have been fishing that piece of water for many years and it never disappoints
My attendance is guaranteed baring severe illness or death lol

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
what is the max amount of ppl for the NS tourny?
Lets get 25 people at least
Im counting about 15 right now. Its going to be a pretty sweet giveaway. We have a few thousand dollars in prizes and a 30$ entry fee. The kayak alone is over a grand and we are giving it away in a raffle style to allow for anyone to win. Money raised will cover costs and go in the bank for helping you guys hold this again next year. Grow our sport!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sweet SWH! Let me know if you need anything. The preregistration is up on the site. If you go up and click on the rotating poster it brings you there to pay. If you want to send money order or something different then contact me through email. Are you bringing family or friends?
Jeff

·
Registered
41 Posts
i just signed up for the tourney, i'll be the one in a wooden sis. i'm coming from saint john, where is the nearest place to pick up a ns fishing license?

1 - 20 of 71 Posts