Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm saddened to say that my trip to Labrador wasn't a good one. Firstly, I woke up the morning of our departure to extreme pain in my casting shoulder and arm. I have 2 bad disks in my neck so I knew this wasn't good. I decided I was going to go anyway because I'd just been wating too long for this. The drive up was quite pleaseant with clear weather and calm seas for the ferry rides. Talking with a local before we crossed the labrador ferry got our hopes up a bit because they said people were taking some pretty mighty trout out of the mounth of the Pinware River. We arrived at our campsite in Pinware, laid out our tent, and the heavens opened up. It rained until the tent was up then promply stopped. The next day, monday, was overcast skies with light winds. We attempted to fish the mouth of the river but knew there wouldn't be any there by the number of fishermen on the bank...one, haha. This guy told us that it was the week before that everyone was catching them so we regrouped and headed North up the new "highway". The first small lake we hit I was catching a fish with every cast but nothing over 12" so none were taken with us. Fished a few other small holes that day in brooks and lakes but with no luck. That night the wind and the rain picked up. 90km winds to be exact. The wind didn't let up for 3 days so we decided to head back to Newfoundland where at least there is a tree or two to hide behind. The night before we headed back to the island my neck was really giving me troubles so I decided to pack it in and catch the next flight back home from Deer Lake. The rest of the guys stuck it out for a couple more days and had wonderful weather but no great fish to speak of.

From what I hear, there were lots of fish being caught in Charlottetown the whole time we were there. Unfortunately we only got as far up as Mary's Harbour.

I doubt I'll ever go back to Labrador but I can't wait to get up to Newfoundland again sometime and try it for myself....post surgery.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
What a shame!! All that anticipation just to get beaten up by the weather and then, to add insult to(and) injury, your own body failing you in your time of need. Again, what a shame!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya it truely was. Kinda wishing I didn't go at all now because I wouldn't have that bad taste in my mouth, haha.

·
Registered
161 Posts
it' fishing trips like that wich make me wonder if a bad day fishing really is better then the best day of work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts