Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I am relatively new to fishing in NS and am hoping to gain some insight on what is left to fish as of now (Late october)...

I have a few spinning rods and a good beach caster. I am mobile but currently located in Halifax.

I am open to fishing any species, I am just unaware of what is out there to catch and in what general locations?

Please send me a message or reply to let me know what my options are moving forward before the ice comes in terms of catching any species!

Thanks in advance, appreciate your help and insight

Cheers!

·
Banned
585 Posts
Check the Regs online, and note the "all year lake" opportunities. THat will give you a great start. :) The book comes with your general regular license and that should list all those as well.

Welcome to the province.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thanks for the post. Do you happen to know any species that people are targeting in november? I am interested in salmon, striped bass, and dog fish / sharks. Let me know if you know anything about these possibilities

Thanks

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hi Biggame. This time of year things are starting to slow down, but you still have a good chance of Striped Bass, as long as the ice stays away. Best place to try from the shore IMO is the Minus Basin. I have caught Skate to over 10lbs, Stripers over 20lbs, big dogfish, all from the shore. In early may the Sturgeon start to show, and im talking HUGE fish over 500lbs, I haven't heard of anyone catching them with rod and line in NS, ( im sure people have hooked into them plenty of times, but because of the fishing techniques in NS they just get smashed up), but they catch them in BC, so why not in NS. PM me for more info on specific places. By the words you use your not Canadian are you? lol

Cheers Mate ;-)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts