Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I figure I'll likely go out and give ice fishing a shot this weekend. Never tried it before so what do I need? I figure I'll pick up a cheap combo at Canadian Tire, so that will cover a rod and reel, and I'll need to get an auger for the hole. Lures/bait, can someone give me some pointers here?

Also, I'll be headed to Gairloch Lake, so are there any areas to try, or just go out, drill a hole anywhere, and hope for the best? On that note, is there anywhere on the lake to avoid because of consistently bad or thin ice?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I f you are doing smelts, shrimp or squid for bait. If you are doing trout, Shrimp or power bait. I am not new to ice fishing ,but getting back into it after being away from it for awhile. Read up on the regs before you go. Hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
We[HWWA} are having an on ice L2IF [learn to ice fish]Giver a Try on St Croix pond exit 4 101 before Windsor Sat FEB 15 free fishing weekend.Will be paet of a group showing gear , bait , location, tech, even a simple way to get your line at the proper depth. all for Specs and Bows and even Picky,And free lunch plus coffee, tea, hot chocolate,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts