Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm new to the area and looking for rivers close by to toss a few lines. Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hey,

I assume you are looking for trout since you posted in the trout forum.

For spots that are close by you can try a few of the stocked lakes (albro and penhorn in dartmouth can hold some decent bows).

Other than that there are a lot of topics that discuss where you might want to try on some of the more popular river systems.

Late spring is great for shad on the shubie river and stripers can be a lot of fun if you can find em (check the striped bass forum for some good info).

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Chris

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey,

I assume you are looking for trout since you posted in the trout forum.

For spots that are close by you can try a few of the stocked lakes (albro and penhorn in dartmouth can hold some decent bows).

Other than that there are a lot of topics that discuss where you might want to try on some of the more popular river systems.

Late spring is great for shad on the shubie river and stripers can be a lot of fun if you can find em (check the striped bass forum for some good info).

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Chris
Thanks Chris!!! I just drove to fall river to see what is around that area. Found a nice stream, but the power company has netted the access off and a river between the town and fletcher lake.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts