Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
not sure if that is worded right it says a limit of ten trout but doesn't explain that this is for these lakes only as I believe they have an abundance of trout up there. The article makes it sound like that is the limit for all lakes b/c it even mentioned the limit for pickies and whites this could be confusing or am I in the wrong?

·
457 Posts
Cant see it bein ten around here ..when in open season its five..lol..id say thats for the cape..least i hope it is...
10 is a listed brook trout limit
when you look in the the reg for winter fishing

2 is the listed limit for bows
so as long as people check the reg and dont go running out there
based on the wording of the artical it should be alright

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
10 is a listed brook trout limit
when you look in the the reg for winter fishing

2 is the listed limit for bows
so as long as people check the reg and dont go running out there
based on the wording of the artical it should be alright
that is exactly what I am getting at sheiner thanks for saying it clearer, good thing someone can understand me lol

·
Registered
173 Posts
i can see y they have a bag of 10. they're all stocked lakes.at least the hrm lakes anyway.
might even try the ice thing this year.LOL.
only thing i have zero for gear.well a regular rod work good enough?
and whats the best bait to use?
well they take artificial?
can i tie something weighted?
what a newbie.LOL

resalution! more fishing

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
the 10 limit is for the highlands lakes only, in the hrm you can not keep brookies only bows and the limit is 2. That is why I said the article is confusing andd could cause misunderstanding go to the gov site sheiner posted it is more clear. Don't want ya getting into trouble

cheers

·
Registered
158 Posts
Expanding??? don't see much as far as expanding in any of the rfas as far as ice fishing goes.

A couple more lakes in cape breton for brook trout and a couple lakes in the halifax area for rainbows. Personally I think they dropped the ball on this one again as usual. My brother called and told me about hearing about a bunch of lakes open this year in queens county and how the government was expanding the number of lakes open all year. Needless to say I got very excited hearing this and did some research on-line, only to be very annoyed and a little angry shortly after.

In Queens County we still have 2 lakes open all year only. one pickerel lake, and one rainbow lake. and I think this is rather unacceptable.

·
457 Posts
Another reason why we need a voice....ice fishing association
he Ice Fishing Season forum that this topic is posted in is the unofficial
start of a ice fishing association

and from the looks of things their will be no need for a full blown member
based group
from what i have gathered so far is that there is no great opposition to ice fishing
and expanding our opportunity's
they are just doing what is asked and for the most part no one is asking
so feel free to make any suggestions and contribute as much as you like
in the Ice fishing season forum
all information in the forum will be organized printed and present at the spring RFAC meetings
im hoping at all of the spring meetings with some help from fellow members
i will also be creating a petition so we can compile a list of supports to go with the information
package in the spring

the only thing i see us having a problem with is the more rods / tip ups issue
which as we were told is on the table and just need to be signed
off on
i have the feeling someone in that chain of command has droped the ball
or is just draging their arse so lord knows how long that will take
it will be brought up at every RFAC meeting i attend for sure
and i will personally try to get in touch with the people who need to
do the signing off just to ask what the GD hold up is
if things haven't changed by the spring RFAC meetings

·
457 Posts
Expanding??? don't see much as far as expanding in any of the rfas as far as ice fishing goes.

A couple more lakes in cape breton for brook trout and a couple lakes in the halifax area for rainbows. Personally I think they dropped the ball on this one again as usual. My brother called and told me about hearing about a bunch of lakes open this year in queens county and how the government was expanding the number of lakes open all year. Needless to say I got very excited hearing this and did some research on-line, only to be very annoyed and a little angry shortly after.

In Queens County we still have 2 lakes open all year only. one pickerel lake, and one rainbow lake. and I think this is rather unacceptable.
i know you have already made a post under the rfa4 section about the lack of opportunitys in you area
so i will just ask that you talk to other local fisherman encourage them to join the site and lend their support
to expanding the winter fishing in your area and province wide
and get them to help you put together a list of lakes and ponds in rfa4 you would all like to see open to winter fishing
like i have said this info will be presented at the spring rfac meetings
i will also be trying to orginize something with fellow members to makes sure
the info is presented at every meeting

·
Registered
158 Posts
I know you are trying your hardest Shienar for more Ice fishing available in the province, and I salute you for your efforts. Don't take it personal what I said, nothing I say here is directed at any of the site members.

I will start doing some research and map referencing and try to get you a list of possible lakes for spring,

·
Banned
585 Posts
Shienar, i think we need more ice fishing oppertunities. So I share your interest in the quest. Next time we get together lets talk more about it. Lunenburg Co could use more than one location for the populus to go...i am lucky seeing that one and only solitary lake happens to be close to my house. For many others they cannot say the same thing. As well with a generally single lane highway I would venture a guess that a day trip out ice fishing around here would make it more dangerous an oppertunity the further you need to travel. Just a thought.

Trav

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
sheinar if you could get the weather cold enough down yarmouth way so I wouldn't have to travel so much I would get a day named after ya lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts