Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anybody tell me a good spot on the Musq. River to catch any kind of trout this time of year?
I would like to go for browns but this time of year im not picky

Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
The Musquodoboit is fairly restricted this time of year, and I've never had much luck on it. I don't think it's really known for browns. You might try the Wyse or Meadow Rd. area though. Sorry, I know this isn't very helpful.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It's laid out pretty clearly in the regs, but I think it's above Crawford's Bridge on the 357.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I give up on the regs...it might be simple to some...my biggest issue is knowing what landmarks they talk about and the whole upstream, downstream, tidal waters definitions have me boggled...lol..i know if i sit and put some time into them I could probably figure it out, but with all the great helpful people in here I get a much better answer! Thanks!

·
Registered
89 Posts
As far as I know it Crawfords is the 1st bridge crossing on the 357, there's a nice pool above and below of course it's not open to fishing until May 15th and then it's fly only. Once you get 100m upstream you're good to go with any gear if I read the regs right. I ususally go up to Meyers Grant to the bridge on Wyse Rd, usually pull out a trout or 2 but nothing crazy.

·
Levity Consultant
1,787 Posts
I give up on the regs...it might be simple to some...my biggest issue is knowing what landmarks they talk about and the whole upstream, downstream, tidal waters definitions have me boggled...lol..i know if i sit and put some time into them I could probably figure it out, but with all the great helpful people in here I get a much better answer! Thanks!
I hear you. There's a colour-coded map in the Angler's Handbook that makes it a bit easier to decipher.

Paul

1 - 8 of 8 Posts