Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hi All
The Mug and Anchor fly tying starts Tuesday evening,
Nov 2 in Mahone Bay.
Everyone welcome - new, old tyers, folks with all left thumbs and so on.
No formal instructions but there lots of help from a good selection of different style. People try everything!
Looking forward to seein you there
Paul

·
Registered
806 Posts
sounds like a good event! if i still lived in the area i'd try my best to be there.however i moved away from gold river , which brings out the question , why do i not know you mike?anyway, good central location between the gold and lahave, both were fly fanatical locations. enjoy everyone and hope it's a success!

·
Registered
806 Posts
i miss it by times , the trout and salmon fishing was nice . now i'm told that the salmon fishing is all but dead, with not much hope of a return. the biggest thing i miss is the diving though!here on the bay of fundy , well i've tried a few times , and have givin up. still do come down to graves island once a year though.the valley is a place of tranquility as well . an old boss of mine summed it up well once . he stated that i'm spoiled because i've already lived in the most beutiful parts of the province. i happen to agree with him. some may not , but that's different oppinions. i loved both places, just moved to the valley for work.are you a relative of anyone there , tony maybe?he's the only smith i can think of except for patty and kevin , but their originally from lake side.i remember when they opened the forrest hights school , they held a compitition there for fly tying. it was interesting , and at that time the only event i had heard of at the time . nice to see something else pop up as well. that area is where i got my roots intying flies. i'm thankfull that there were teachers there such as jack hatcher {just to name one}who were avid anglers and convinced me to take up the art.i am VERY happy that i listened to him!pretty much all the teachers there were very supportive of angling and tying.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I have heard great things about the group. A friend and I are planning to make a few trips this winter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts