Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hey guys, wondering if anyone can help an android user out.

When I load novascotiafishing.com on my phone, it looks perfect in "iphone mode" (odd, since im on android), but "desktop mode" and "mobile mode" both look exactly the same, and don't fit the page.

This would be fine, except when I click my bookmark of the website, it automatically loads in "desktop" or "mobile" mode, as they are the defaults.

Is there any way to force novascotiafishing.com to load in "iphone" mode on an android?

OR

is there an android app?

Thanks a lot, really would like the site to work properly on my phone :D appreciate the help

·
Registered
88 Posts
I don't know which forum software they're using, but it would certainly be appreciated by those of us who access the site via mobile devices if the owner loaded the TapaTalk plug-in (if it's supported by the software). That way everyone on a mobile device gets the same experience, regardless of OS.

Which browser are you loading it through? I'm on an S4 using Chrome and the first page looks fine (mobile layout), but all the other pages after that appear as desktop view. stretching and zooming becomes tiresome after 10 seconds.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm using Dolphin Browser on my android, although I've tried it with the stock "Internet" browser as well and had the same issue.

The thing I find odd is that the "iphone mode" works perfectly for the website...but since I'm using an android phone... it won't load automatically.

I'd even settle for being able to bookmark it so it always loaded in "iphone mode"... :/ lol

Tapatalk is interesting. I've never used it, but seems like it might be a solution.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts