Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Streamside ProStaff
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Landed one small sucker.. loads of trout and parr jumping everywhere but the piece de' resistance was a huge female that porpoised right in front of me 3 or 4 times... she was huge but wouldn't take anything. We beat the water till dark to get her to come and take something but to no avail. There were also a couple grilse jumping down river moving up into the pool.. there will be another trip maybe next week so I will keep everyone posted.. river still not up all that much from what they tell me...

·
Streamside ProStaff
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heading back up the the Miramichi tomorrow after work to try my hand again.. with the latest rains the water has risen quite a bit and the reports from my friends up there, the fish are in the river. Many grilse and salmon landed... hopefully I can get into at least one.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I hear the Northwest is now C&R only, numbers way down, many contributing factors. Too many being kept by recreational and food fishers as well as the resurgence of the striped bass population !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Im off to doaktown this morning for 5 days. From what i hear there is salmon in the river but I think its gunna be a tough go with this heat wave moving through. we'll see what i can do.

·
Registered
806 Posts
we spent a week in early July. Hooked 14 and landed 8 as a group. I hear the water is in good shape again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts