Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from 7 days on the Minipi watershed in Labrador. Great time with a number of great trout over 5 lbs all on the dry fly. We had a Beaver for fly outs and fished some water I have never fished. a great Lodge, food and fish so many fish so little time! I attach an image of my best....A little shy of 8 lbs on a #14 Blue Dun.

trout1_zps970a40b5.jpg

·
Levity Consultant
1,787 Posts
I'm suffering from Perry envy... :blink:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Just buy a new Sage and Hardy combo, at least you'll look like a top fly-boy.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Beauty.

Newfoundland and espescially Labrador are proof how terrain and less fishing can allow fish to grow magnificantly.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Beautiful fish Perry! I'm off to the back country again this coming weekend in pursuit of the elusive 8 lber and some leapers! The water is quite high now so it could be challenging.

·
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Roland, the water kept comeing up and one nite I never saw it rain as hard! The river fishing was a challange but with a Carters Bug we did well! I found the wadeing tough as the water was swift and rocks slippery! I guess I have got to a time where I should use a wading staff! :rolleyes: Good luck! .

·
Registered
641 Posts
pmorris, I too suffer from perry envy.....

Awesome fish Perry!!
I'll join that group.

A trip to the Minipi region was always my dream fishing trip. Not interested or willing to pay for a salmon trip, or going down south for a bass fishing trip. But those huge brook trout...............

·
Registered
304 Posts
Perry, was down to Ashuanapi today and hooked a couple of leapers on a Carter's Bug. Giving frost tonight, this weekend should be perfect for those old red bellied fellas! Already there on the wading staff!

·
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I envy you the opportunity! I want to do that with you...but next year as my dance card is getting full. I am going to flowers lodge if all works out first of Sept then off to Lake Ontario them Michigan. Not to forget RP and the tailgate party!

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'll be down Oct 18th for the RP party! Two of my buds were down to Paddle Rapids yesterday and got into some BIG ONES! Largest of the day went just over 10lbs...work is really getting in the way of my fishing! I may get down to the Eagle for the season closer.

·
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm off to Flowers Sept 1 for a bit of salmon fishing. Should be a fun week NFLD Sportsman show will be there. I like their show. Looking forward to RP and hope to be there but I have guiding on woodcock around that time.

·
Levity Consultant
1,787 Posts
I'm off to Flowers Sept 1 for a bit of salmon fishing. Should be a fun week NFLD Sportsman show will be there. I like their show. Looking forward to RP and hope to be there but I have guiding on woodcock around that time.
I just watched a recorded episode of The New Fly Fisher that featured the Flowers River Lodge. My Perry envy is worse than ever! Bring back lots of pictures and stories. My shrink tells me that I have to confront my issues directly. :)

·
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Paul, I will update you on my return. I was up early July but no salmon because of ice so....a return trip is in order!

Reactions: pmorris

·
Registered
806 Posts
Looking forward to the RP with ya. Have a great trip Perry. Sting one for me and keep er between the ditches..lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts