Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
161 - 180 of 194 Posts

· Administrator
905 Posts
Are there sightings of dead fish in First Lake? Or is it more of a case of not being able to catch them in the normal locations due to this construction? Just wondering if maybe it's a case of the fish relocating to other areas of the lake. If there are indeed dead fish floating everywhere and/or washed along shoreline then something needs to be done concerning the reason(s) why. ie: construction runoff.

· Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
Are there sightings of dead fish in First Lake? Or is it more of a case of not being able to catch them in the normal locations due to this construction? Just wondering if maybe it's a case of the fish relocating to other areas of the lake. If there are indeed dead fish floating everywhere and/or washed along shoreline then something needs to be done concerning the reason(s) why. ie: construction runoff.
From what I can tell there has been no signs of dead fish,, just reports of low catch #'s.. does not mean they are not there :).. been up and down lately on Morris Lake,, we will see how we all make out on the 14 Sep :)

· Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
They should move the Comp from First Lake to Cox Lake!!!! First Lake vegetation is now all dead hardly any fish left due to the ruining of the lake by construction. Also cox lake is easy access and there's lots of fish in there which would bring more joy for a competition!! The boat launch isn't the greatest but if I can make it to the water with my Nissan Versa and my Suzuki SX4 anyone can easily make it to the water withe there boats just saying. I have lots of friends that fish first lake recently an the news is thats it now the worst fishing. I am at cox lake on weekly bases and see people launching boats with trucks suv's and cars with no issues at all. Also HRM as a work order to repair in the vary near future. There's still plenty of time to change location.
We are going ahead with 1st Lake on Sep 14, we had planned on a Tounament at Cox Lake earlier in the year but switched it to Morris Lake due to the state of the Cox Lake launch area at the time. We will try to hold 1 or 2 there next year, I already have the permit for 1st Lake and permission to use the Canoe Club Parking and launch there. should be a good day,, someone always manages to find fish :)

And thanks for your effort on getting the Cox Lake launch area fixed. :)

· Levity Consultant
1,749 Posts
Great link! When we were floating around and I mentioned in passing "the cultural eutrophication inclusive of severe dissolved oxygen depletion in the hypolinium during the critical periods of summer months", I hoped that you would Google it.

· Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
Great link! When we were floating around and I mentioned in passing "the cultural eutrophication inclusive of severe dissolved oxygen depletion in the hypolinium during the critical periods of summer months", I hoped that you would Google it.
Jeeez Paul,, I had to look up 2 words :) ,,hard on the old head :) Just not in this old sailors vocabulary :).. see I used a big word too :)

161 - 180 of 194 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.