Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
I am presently in the process of trying to form a Mini Bass Boat Club for the HRM area.

I am looking at limiting it to:

Boats -14 or less / less than 10Hp

Kayaks / Canoes - any size

Tubes and Mini Pontoons welcome.

No live well required.

Catch / Measure / Photo / Release = total inches win

Not looking to charge membership fees.

Low cost entry fees for Tournments ($10 per person)

I am looking for help organizing this and any info on required permits and permissions required.

I hope to do 3 or 4 tourneys this summer depending on availabilty of lakes in HRM.

Any help or direction with this would be greatly appreciated.

ED

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We will set boat size and rules once we start ... Canoe / kayak length may not be a problem, trying to keep the club down to smaller craft especially anything motorized... some mini boat clubs only allow 12 ft or less ,,but that would really limit the number of fishers in this area.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Ed, give me a call. I might be able to help you.

860 2587

Regards.....

·
Registered
842 Posts
I plan on having a meeting for anyone interested in forming this Club with me.

I was thinking of meeting at Tim's on Akerley Blvd. Burnside, on Friday evening 4 Apr at 7 pm.

Hope to have a tourney May (10 or 11) or (17 or 18) -Morris Lake- ( Planning to have 1 Tourney a month )

Also would like to have a Website / Facebook page up and running soon.

Open to any sugestions or questions.

If you cannot attend and are interested in this, drop me an email.

Thanks ED

·
Registered
76 Posts
I won't be able to make it Ed, as I will be in the backwoods of nova scotia....Camping and TROUTTIN!

By the way love the new site, good idea with cash prizes, the bobberdown crew may be in for some tourney's this year even though it's not really our thing but because you have that release of fish in place I don't mind competing. :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a MAJOR RESERVATION! Your letting kids under 16 in for free!!!!!! then their fish will count in total weight caught and it's NOT FAIR for the rest of us because their money won't be in a pool yet their catch can count for the total. If kids want to go fishing they can go with their dad or mom recreationally somewhere else, not a tournament- think about it this makes sense it's a competition and it has to be fair nice or not. If you charge 10 dollars per person it should be to everyone, I'M OUT unless this is resolved!!!!

·
Levity Consultant
1,787 Posts
I have a MAJOR RESERVATION! Your letting kids under 16 in for free!!!!!! WTF, then their fish will count in total weight caught and it's NOT FAIR for the rest of us because their money won't be in a pool yet their catch can count for the total. If kids want to go fishing they can go with their dad or mom recreationally somewhere else, not a friggin tournament- think about it this makes sense it's a competition and it has to be fair nice or not. If you charge 10 dollars per person it should be to everyone, I'M OUT unless this is resolved!!!!
If you're that pissed at the kids rule, just wait until you read the sportsmanship and courtesy rule. :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Is this a site we can discuss our opinions OR NOT! because it seems everytime someone brings something up on this site that they don't agree with, everyone throws them under the bus like you guys are doing to me.

1 - 20 of 194 Posts