Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
so this evening me and a friend were out salmon fishing on the east river pictou county, My buddys 2nd cast he caught a 2-3 lb Rainbow, we didnt have a camera. How would it get there, ive fished that river for years and thats the first ive seen one. On anouther note, keep an eye out for a man spinfishing for salmon. when i got to the river he was standing at the head of the basin pool tossing spoons, I explained to him that it was fly only salmon fishing, he said he was fishing for trout, I then explained to him even so its still fly only. A few more people showed up to fish and also told him the same thing i said, he just acted like he was withing his right and kept on fishing, eventually he left when we were loudly talking about him. Buddy called the dfo, but he was gone and nobody got a plate number.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you would check your 2010 Anglers'Handbook you will find that fishing for trout on the East River
Pictou Co. ends on Sept 30. That angler who was "tossing spoons" was doing nothing illegal if he was fishing for trout. No natural bait is allowed after Sept.1 nor can any trout be retained. Fishing for salmon is fly only. Too bad you didn't get his name as you owe him an apology.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you would check your 2010 Anglers'Handbook you will find that fishing for trout on the East River
Pictou Co. ends on Sept 30. That angler who was "tossing spoons" was doing nothing illegal if he was fishing for trout. No natural bait is allowed after Sept.1 nor can any trout be retained. Fishing for salmon is fly only. Too bad you didn't get his name as you owe him an apology.
after i read this i grabbed the manual, and realised i did make a mistake and that you are correct, i dont know why i had that grilled into my noggin, id apoligize if i could.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts