Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I live very close to the Mersey River in Queens County. I hear there's nice size smallmouth bass in the river. Would anyone care to let me know of a good location on the river I could try? I usually fish from a kayak. Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Hi, Goodwrench, I used to live in Liverpool but that was before the Smallmouth were in the river. I would think that with a kayak, you should be able to put in almost anywhere above the tide and have a shot at them. Regards.....

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, Goodwrench, I used to live in Liverpool but that was before the Smallmouth were in the river. I would think that with a kayak, you should be able to put in almost anywhere above the tide and have a shot at them. Regards.....
Hey, thanks for the reply. I actually fished one spot of the river, but no luck. Wondering if there's and "good" spots on the river.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I would look for current "breaks" and spots where there are backward eddies and fish the line between the normal flow and the eddies. Get to know the river by exploring it. If you have a depthfinder on your kayak, it can be a very valuable tool in finding dropoffs,and anomalies in the bottom where fish will lie. Remember, SM Bass often relate to "structure" such as sunken logs, wharves,old bridge pilings, the edge of weed beds etc, etc. Make the time to explore the river, it can be very enjoyable. Let us know how you make out. Good Luck!! Regards.............

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice. I will plan a day to give the river another try. I will let you know how I make out. I know they're in there somewhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts