Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out to Meadow Pond with three young lads today and was outfished by two We landed 7 but I only caught one with lots of hits and three on then loss. The boys were having better luck. once I figured out the depth the bitters were. 8ft.Some nice Specs but no Bows. One nice bow was caught not far from us.Others out there had success to. :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
Was out to Meadow pond today for the first time. A few people on the ice in the morning, but no one caught anything when I left including myself. Ice was 4-6 inches with slush around the shore. From what I was told they stock the pond with speckle trout and there is a few rainbow from previous years. Nice spot will have to go back.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I think I seen two kids on the pond your talking about. Will have to give it a try the next time I go down that way. The weather needs to get a bit colder so more ice can form. It was a bit to risky as the day went on and the temp slowly went up. Thanks for a new location, always looking for new spots to go. I don't know if this is the spot were there is going to be a fishing derby next month. Some people were talking about it at meadow pond today.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
As far as I know, there is no derby on Meadow Pond this year. The Catch the Rainbow tournaments had its last outing last year and HWWA has moved their winter even to the Learn to Fish event on St. Croix Pond. And for the record, this is not the first year St. Croix pond has been open to ice fishing. I know for a fact it was open last year but I cannot speak to previous years.

·
Registered
145 Posts
It doesn't matter to me which pond has the derby. I got away from the hunting and fishing awhile ago and am know try to get back into it. A day on a pond, lake, river is a good day to me .

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The HWWA is holding Give'er a Try Learn To Ice Fish event on St croix Pond Sat Feb 15 on the free fishing weekend .Weather permitting.There is a post on this under clubs HWWA . Last year we held the 10 in a row Catch the Rainbow and we decided to take a break from it and try something different and involve some new ice fishers :D There will be free Hot dogs tea ,coffee, hot choc.

I'm also waiting for more cold weather so the ice can thicken before heading out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts