Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,
I saw three episodes on Fishin' with Friends on bass at Mattatal Lake. I am looking for some info...... where is there public access/boat slip? Is there any other species other than bass in this lake? Generally wondering your experiences at this lake. I am planning a trip here in the summer with my boat and would like a little info.
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey;

My buddys granparents have a cottage on this lake. I know there is a public boat launch but I have no idea where it is. Once you get in off the main road it is like a maze of dirt roads.

As for fish in the lake it has alot of nice small mouth, yellow perch, brown bullhead, and I think up until 2 years ago they were stocking it with trout but dont think they did this last year but I may be wrong.

Nice clean lake. Caught alot of bass on the fly(muddler, streamer, wooly bugger,mouse)

Good luck out there

·
Registered
111 Posts
there is a public boat launch on the lake. You have to back your truck and boat in a little dirt road that takes you to the lake ... I found the lake's perch very overwhelming in the late summer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts