Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,104 Posts
Is the launch site privately owned, or is it an old right-of- way to the lake? If the former, you're probably out of luck with a boat & trailer, but you could still launch a hand carried canoe or kayak as you are crossing, on foot, uncultivated land in order to fish, with rod and line in a public watercourse. If it is an old public right of way, the folks there have no business denying anyone access. There probably needs to be a conversation at the provincial level regarding the public having access to our public waters.

Having said that, it is a pretty lake to fish and is supposed to hold some real pigs. I spent 4 days at the lodge 3 or 4 years ago but unfortunately the fish gods did not favour me. I only caught dinks.

Regards.....

· Registered
1,104 Posts
Guest,

I both totally agree and sympathize with you. But I think that conversation was had a long time ago. Unfortunately, you probably have to be there to witness the damage and then, after you have identified the slob, go after them for the cost of the damages they caused. And good luck to you on that point. Don't get me wrong - I do not agree with the lack of teeth in the legislation as well as the apparent disinterest by enforcement folks in it (the POP act) but you have the ex attorney general Harry Howe to thank for adding the notwithstanding clauses.

There actually ARE a few old public rights of way which grant access to public waters. There actually are two that I know of which are within walking distance of my home.

Regards....

· Registered
1,104 Posts
Guest,

I am very well aware of the process that we, as landowners must go through.....that is why you have my sympathy.

Regards....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.