Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi peoples!

What are the water conditions like on the Margaree at the moment? Is there a site where I might check the levels?

Thanks!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for. Looks like you guys are getting some rain up there, did anyone make it out for the opening?
I was down Margaree chasing sea trout yesterday, didnt see any sign of salmon yet but I heard of one fresh one caught at seal pool. An older local told me it was hooked on May 31st with a worm. (thats another debate for another day,bait in the Margaree). There should be a few silver leapers comin in soon. There is nothing like a June salmon, they fight like hell.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was down Margaree chasing sea trout yesterday, didnt see any sign of salmon yet but I heard of one fresh one caught at seal pool. An older local told me it was hooked on May 31st with a worm. (thats another debate for another day,bait in the Margaree). There should be a few silver leapers comin in soon. There is nothing like a June salmon, they fight like hell.
This link does not take you to the real time hydro stations. Does anyone have the new link which will take you to the hydro stations. I tried to find it, but i'm not sure if there online now.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This link does not take you to the real time hydro stations. Does anyone have the new link which will take you to the hydro stations. I tried to find it, but i'm not sure if there online now.

Thanks!
That link is the right link. Look on the menu on the left side of the site.

·
Registered
36 Posts

Thanks!
It is the right link. Click on text search in the left column, then select the province and station you are looking for.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone know where i can find that video that was posted on here last year or the year before that from youtube of the native ppl fishing with the spinning gear, using a gaff hook and throwing the salmon across the river and totally disrespecting the fish? Cant remember the name of the video, think the guys nickname who posted it on there was gloosecap, not sure though

·
Registered
36 Posts
That video caused quite the uproar. In the end one of the white guys ended up being charged for comments he made about natives. There are lots of videos like that on youtube, hard to watch for a salmon angler.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was there on the weekend Water was high on Saturday and Higher on Sunday. It was raining when I left on Sunday but it should be coming down now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've never fished Margaree this early in the year, usually head out later in the summer into the fall. But given the sweet rain we had lately, I can't resist but taking advantage. Just wondering what sort of flies get action this time of year on the river? Stick with the ol' faithfuls, or are they chasing something different in the Spring. I usually go with #6 blue charm or the good ol' muddler in the fall... Someone mentioned to me a shrimp fly might get alot of action...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've never fished Margaree this early in the year, usually head out later in the summer into the fall. But given the sweet rain we had lately, I can't resist but taking advantage. Just wondering what sort of flies get action this time of year on the river? Stick with the ol' faithfuls, or are they chasing something different in the Spring. I usually go with #6 blue charm or the good ol' muddler in the fall... Someone mentioned to me a shrimp fly might get alot of action...
Any of those could work!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Fished Margaree yesterday, no signs of any salmon yet. The locals havent got any yet but the water has just came down so there wasnt many fishing.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts