Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am taveling to the margaree on Oct 8,9 from PEi with 2 of my fishing buddies. I have fished the mirimiche for a number of years but never the margaree. we are staying at the Browns cottages in margaree centre. What I want to know is what pools to fish, how to find the pools, what flys to use and what size. Where do we buy flys and any other info that would help us enjoy our short fishing trip.

thanks brian

·
Registered
36 Posts
A lot of pools, easy to find. If none of you have been there before you might consider a guide, saves time wondering where to go. You can probably get a pool map from staff at Browns. Flies are personal preference. I like big marabou flies, even have used intruders with success. Blue charm, muddler minnow, ally shrimp, mickey Finn, general practitioner, etc... all work too. Fish which ever fly you have the most confidence in, you'll keep it in the water longer. There is no river I would rather be on in October. Going 13=16th, can't wait.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A lot of pools, easy to find. If none of you have been there before you might consider a guide, saves time wondering where to go. You can probably get a pool map from staff at Browns. Flies are personal preference. I like big marabou flies, even have used intruders with success. Blue charm, muddler minnow, ally shrimp, mickey Finn, general practitioner, etc... all work too. Fish which ever fly you have the most confidence in, you'll keep it in the water longer. There is no river I would rather be on in October. Going 13=16th, can't wait.
Any idea where to buy flys . Where do you stay when you go

·
Registered
36 Posts
Any idea where to buy flys . Where do you stay when you go
Different camps, sometimes drag 5th wheel. Staying at Big Interval Salmon lodge for this trip. Herman and Ruth are great, food is excellent. Not sure where you can pick up some flies down there. Most pools are productive so I recommend starting at the closest one to where your staying and go from there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts