Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to visit Nova Scotia at the end of June for the mackerel run and do some fishing. Where is the best place to go and do I need a boat or can I rent one and from where?

·
Registered
186 Posts
end of june should be a great time for mackerel and you do not need a boat to fish for them if u drive the cost line of the province a couple of hours before high tide and look for a government or public warf you should be able to catch mackerel use anything shinny and it should work. what part of NS are u visiting?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I wanted to visit Nova Scotia at the end of June for the mackerel run and do some fishing. Where is the best place to go and do I need a boat or can I rent one and from where?
depending on where you plan to visit ,there is a large government wharf in fox point(Hubbard's).that i have had allot of luck on.i live in eastern passage NS and i still prefer to make the drive just to fish there.

·
Registered
185 Posts
depending on where you plan to visit ,there is a large government wharf in fox point(Hubbard's).that i have had allot of luck on.i live in eastern passage NS and i still prefer to make the drive just to fish there.
I dont blame you either I am going to give Eastern Passage a miss for a year or 2 so the water has some time to clean up a little.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
end of june should be a great time for mackerel and you do not need a boat to fish for them if u drive the cost line of the province a couple of hours before high tide and look for a government or public warf you should be able to catch mackerel use anything shinny and it should work. what part of NS are u visiting?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Travis, where did you get them? I am hoping near eastern passage?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts