Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to see if there are some members here yet? Anyone from the Board of Directors on here yet?
Travis

·
Registered
587 Posts
Just wanted to see if there are some members here yet? Anyone from the Board of Directors on here yet?
Travis
Hi Travis
I am still a member - at least I pay my $10 and get a membership card! The Annual Meeting always seems to have a conflict coming as it does in early April and I don't often get to go.
A number of years ago I was on the Board of Directors but didn't always see eye to eye with the other directors and have long since quite that.
I did however - along with Rick Welsford persuade them to join forces with BACF which probably one of their more successful ventures.
Hope the salmon return to the Lahave
Paul

·
Banned
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good to hear from you Paul, it is nice to know you are still with the group. Perhaps next year you will have to come to the AGM as this year the turnout was quite poor. We need community leaders like you to be active again if possible.

BACF is doing a lot of good work along side of the Adopt a Stream Program and we are doing it again next year. Like you say I feel it is a worthwhile effort in terms of helping the river and to enhance the habitat in terms or removing or repairing problematic areas...in the future helping salmon to return along with other ideas and actions.

·
Banned
585 Posts
Thanks Robbie, I was curious of the number. It is good to see fish retuning, even though the river is now closed to salmon angling for this year. I will be eager to see the number that will come next year. I hope it produces a growing trend, if so the obligation to not fish for salmon in the river will be for the good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts