Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
When I was growing up outside of Bridgewater(near Buckfield) there was a brook that people who lived there used to rave about for fishing. However, we never had a canoe and you needed a canoe to get down the brook adn meadow. Anyways, 25 years later I took my kayak out there and went for a paddle.(2 weeks ago) To my amazement it was non-stop trout catching! (all released..barbless hooks) It was unreal. Average size was 12 inches. I also saw a beaver, several turtles, a mink(?) and a lot of unusal birds I had never seen before. At one point I heard some crashing through the woods followed by a loud snorting sound.Not sure what that was?????

Anyways, the point of the story is that I was happy to see lots of wildlife and that there are still a lot of trout left in Nova Scotia.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi,
When I was growing up outside of Bridgewater(near Buckfield) there was a brook that people who lived there used to rave about for fishing. However, we never had a canoe and you needed a canoe to get down the brook adn meadow. Anyways, 25 years later I took my kayak out there and went for a paddle.(2 weeks ago) To my amazement it was non-stop trout catching! (all released..barbless hooks) It was unreal. Average size was 12 inches. I also saw a beaver, several turtles, a mink(?) and a lot of unusal birds I had never seen before. At one point I heard some crashing through the woods followed by a loud snorting sound.Not sure what that was?????

Anyways, the point of the story is that I was happy to see lots of wildlife and that there are still a lot of trout left in Nova Scotia.
always keep this place in your mind, where i grew up there was many places such as you speak , every cast was a bite, too bad clear cutting ruined most of them. That crashing probably was a startled deer.

·
Registered
575 Posts
always keep this place in your mind, where i grew up there was many places such as you speak , every cast was a bite, too bad clear cutting ruined most of them. That crashing probably was a startled deer.
Yeah I'd say it was a deer. When they're scared they make a blow that can sound like a snort.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts