Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
I go past this lake quite often and wander what's in there. I assume there are Bass Trout and the dreaded Pickerel.
Also is it a boat ramp by the restaurant? if so do they mind you parking there?
I have looked on goggle earth and it looks as though a canoe could be put in on Lochmoor Lane at the top of the lake. Is this so?

Thanks Lee

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have parked at the legion and drop my boat in there,albiet that was quite a while ago I would ask if they minded now just to be curtiuos , I have only caught bass in there but I'm sure there must be other species.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Lots of people launch there. Its pretty accepted. People tend to park to the left of the legion. They are extending Montague Estates around to the other side of the lake so the road is right at the top of the lake and would be a good place to unload a canoe. There is bass and it is stocked with trout at certain points, one being a fishing tournement for youths. I do not believe there any pickeral but I haven't fished it recently so I can't confirm that. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys
I will have to give it a go when the wind is not blowing too strong as I have seen it with quite a swell.

Lee

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got out on Loon Lake yesterday afternoon until about 8.00pm.
Lots of little Bass up to 9 to 10 inch long. It must be me or I am fishing in the wrong places as try as I might I just cannot get the bigger ones lol.
Oh I did ask at the Legion and there was no problems parking on their car park but I do feel its best to ask first.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got out on Loon Lake yesterday afternoon until about 8.00pm.
Lots of little Bass up to 9 to 10 inch long. It must be me or I am fishing in the wrong places as try as I might I just cannot get the bigger ones lol.
Oh I did ask at the Legion and there was no problems parking on their car park but I do feel its best to ask first.
Im right next to loon lake..... is it fishable from the shore? I have no boat

·
Registered
161 Posts
if you are willing to hike through the woods you can find many great fishing spots. My favorites are the shallow cove at the south end of the lake and the point of the peninsula just to the east of there. If you keep walking in that direction you will find many more great places to fish. Be prepared to move trough thick brush,waders are also very usefull here. I once read that this lake used to support a natural trout population. This lake has been stocked with trout in past years.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I probably fish Lake Loon more than any other (from shore), as its close and comfortable. It has a nice, solid bottom generally,good for waders.Its full of bass,but despite "stories" I've never seen any big ones, and they rarely exceed 7-8 inches.Probably stunted. I've fished the south end behind the legion, the west side off the highway, and the north end where the brook runs out under the road. It is stocked in the spring and gets fished heavily for a couple of weeks after. I will catch a trout or two a season (6-7 trips in June/July) but probably 40-50 bass.I use a fly. Fishing varies quite a bit-can be quite plentiful one evening, nothing the next with same winds. A west or south-west wind is best-due to its shape it can be quite blustery with a north/east wind on the west/south sides. Also, a straight light south wind which brings fog is quite useless. Not as many boats there as once was. Been fishing it for 15 years. No sign of pickerel or perch.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This lake is packed with tiny bass, I've caught up to 20 to 30 of them in an evening... Have mostly used top water rapala's. Over the years I stopped going to this lake as I just don't think there is a fish of any size in it. As others have said you can fish from shore very easily from the legion all the way down to the cove towards the 'air port' highway. Bring some shorts or waders and sandals or wet shoes that you don't care for and have fun catching 100's of small fish.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts