Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have recently taken up fly tying and I am looking for some grizzly and brown hackle for tying small dry flies (adams and mosquitoes in particular). As I am only currently tying a handful here and there for myself I am not looking to spend the big bucks on big bags of each which seems to be the only thing I can find around Halifax. If anyone would consider selling some out of a bag or knows where I could purchase smaller packs please let me know. Thanks

·
Streamside ProStaff
546 Posts
Contact Jamie at Chasing silver Fly & Tackle in Truro, Danny at Riptide Tackle in Amherst or Bryant at Eskape Anlgers in Moncton if you have had no luck at fishing fever in halifax.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Contact Jamie at Chasing silver Fly & Tackle in Truro, Danny at Riptide Tackle in Amherst or Bryant at Eskape Anlgers in Moncton if you have had no luck at fishing fever in halifax.
Thanks I will give them a call. Fishing Fever has the hackle but only sells large bags of it. $60 - 65 per bag. I'm hoping to find smaller packages.

·
To do nothing is unacceptable.
2,726 Posts
Civicms,

Not sure if you would be interested, but Cabela's ahs some options that might suit your purposes. Check this page out: Cabela's - http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/browse/fishing-fly-fishing-fly-tying-feathers/_/N-1100435/Ns-CATEGORY_SEQ_103888080?WTz_l=SBC%3Bcat104793480%3Bcat104721480%3Bcat104340780 or check out the full fly tying section at http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/browse/fishing-fly-fishing-fly-tying/_/N-1100433?WTz_l=SBC%3Bcat104793480%3Bcat104721480

They have 100 pack Whiting Farm Hackles as well as sell 1/2 capes for decent prices. They also have 100 pack Cabelas hackles as well.

If you are like me you might want to actually see the stuff before purchase, but you can always return it if it doesn't cut the mustard.

By the way, Fishing Fever used to carry the smaller packs of hackle as well. I haven't been over in a while, but ask Brian if he has any.

Just a thought, anyway.

Terran

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.